Tips for Preventing Bad Breath
Are you Satisfied with your Overall Breath?
If you are one of those people who performs the palm exercise many times a day this dental article from our Malibu dentist is for you!
Dr. Mgdesyan agrees that this is a very personal and careful subject. Many people are embarrassed to accept they have this problem and the need of
an oral treatment. There are many ways to treat this type of problem (which we call Halitosis), and have been proven to have excellent long term results.
Dr. Mgdesyan at Malibu Canyon Dental shares some vital information in order to explain to his patients some of the causes and prevention tips for this truly unwanted condition.
How do I know if I have bad Breath?
If you can’t smell it right away you can try these techniques:
- Lick your wrist, wait a few seconds while the saliva dries, and then smell it. That can give you an idea of how your breath smells.
- Exhale into your palm and analyze how it smells.
Bad Breath Causes
Bad breath or Halitosis stems from different sources, from which the most common are:
- Foods, such as: garlic, onions, fish, meat, cheese, etc.
- Poor oral hygiene
- Nasal and sinus infections
- Throat infections
- Defective dental restorations
- Gum disease
- Dry mouth
- Other underlying health conditions
Once you are aware of the causes of bad breath it will be easier to determine, which are the most appropriate measures to prevent and fight it.
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily, better after each meal
- Floss once a day
- Brush your tongue
- Drink water regularly
- Change your toothbrush every 3 months
- Do not smoke
Come soon to Malibu Canyon Dental. Let our expert dental staff and Dr. Mgdesyan assist you while you enjoy of all the spa-like features that this unique Malibu dental office has to offer to you.
CALL AND SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY! (818) 880-8841
Back to Procedures
Back to Articles